Admission Opens from June to September every year.
A candidate seeking admission to Don Bosco Institute of Philosophy, Ibadan, must submit to the Dean of Studies on the day of enrolment the following documents …
The candidate must pass the entrance examination, which result will be communicated only at the end of all sittings, towards the end of September.
Every academic year, there are generally four dates for the entrance exams(one each of the following months: May, June, July and September). To pass the entrance exam is absolutely required in order to guarantee, as far as possible, that the intellectual level and the knowledge of English permit the student to competently follow the courses.
Entrance exam will be held after the verification of credentials and the reception of application, in which it is required for the candidate to pass (50%) to be admitted to our institute. The documents concerned are as follows:
- Completed SSCE certificate (or WAEC or NECO) with 5 credits, including English Language and Mathematics at not more than two sittings. It is strongly advisable these are originals: they will be scanned or photocopied and returned.
- A passport-size photo.
- National Identity Card or International Passport: these also will be scanned or photocopied and returned.
- A letter of reference by the Parish priest of the place where the candidate is living, in case of a lay candidate.
- A recommendation letter by the superior or person in charge, if the candidate is a lay person with contacts with any religious congregation, either of Pontifical or Diocesan right.
- All religious candidates are supposed to contact the Dean of Studies by their superior.
- All other special cases are considered and evaluated by a specific commission instituted by the Salesian community.
- Unless there are very serious reasons approved by the Dean of Studies or the Academic Board, we do not accept new students if they arrive two weeks after the academic year begins.
Download our Admission form Here>>>Application form_DBIP_2018-2019