Admission Opens from June to September every year.
A candidate seeking admission to Don Bosco Institute of Philosophy, Ibadan, has two kinds of conditions to fulfill.
- to submit to the Dean of Studies before/on the day of enrolment the documents listed below, according to the kind of candidate;
- to pass the entrance examination, whose results will be communicated only at the end of all sits, towards the end of September 2019.
Every academic year, there are generally four dates for the entrance exams(one each of the following months: May, June, July and September). To pass the entrance exams is absolutely required in order to guarantee, as far as possible, that the intellectual level and the knowledge of English permits the student to competently follow the courses.
Entrance exam will be held after the verification of credentials and the reception of application, in which it is required for the candidate to pass (50%) to be admitted to our institute. The documents concerned are as follows:
A. For all candidates:
- Completed SSCE certificate (or WAEC or NECO) with 5 credits, including English Language and Mathematics at not more than two sittings. It is strongly advisable these are originals: they will be scanned or photocopied and returned;
- National Identity Card or International Passport: these also will be scanned or photocopied and returned.
- A passport-size photo.
B. For all candidates, who are members of religious congregations ( either of pontifical or Diocesan right) or members of lay Associations of Christian faithful, after their superior (or whomever is in charge) personally contacts the Dean of Studies, the following documents must be submitted:
- A recommendation letter by their superior or confrere or person in charge;
- the approval letter of the congregation or of the lay Association of Christian faithful by the diocesan Bishop or the Holy See (at least for the new congregations);
- a letter of acceptance and approval of the enrollment by Mons. Gabriel ‘Leke Abegunrin, present Archbishop of Ibadan Archdiocese, according to his explicit requests.
* In case of lack of any of the documents above, the candidate will be considered a lay person.
C. For a lay candidate:
- a letter of reference by the Parish priest of the place where the candidate is living, in case of a lay candidate.
D. In case of candidates coming from Seminaries or other universities, together with the previous required documents, there is the need of submitting the following documents, according to the case:
- a document from Rector of Seminary or Head of Department certifying that no disciplinary issue is pending,
- transcript from the school or Seminary,
- relative detailed outlines of courses done and their credit,
The final plan of studies will be decided by the Dean after examining the required documents. Therefore, without the documents listed above, the dean will not examine the case.
E. all other special cases are considered and evaluated by the Dean with the help of the specific commission instituted by the Salesian Community.
F. Unless there are very serious reasons approved by the Dean of Studies or the Academic Board, we do not accept new students if they arrive two weeks after the academic year begins.
NB: Failure to submit any of the documents mentioned above before/on the first day of class, will render the candidate not liable to enrolling at Don Bosco Institute of Philosophy, despite he passed the entrance examination.
Download our Admission form Here>>>Application form_DBIP_2018-2019