Admission Opens from June to September every year.
A candidate seeking admission to Don Bosco Institute of Philosophy, Ibadan, must submit to the Dean of Studies on the day of enrolment the following documents …
- Completed SSCE certificate (or WAEC or NECO) with 5 credits, including English Language and Mathematics at not more than two sittings. It is strongly advisable these are originals: they will be scanned or photocopied and returned.
- National Identity Card or International Passport: these also will be scanned or photocopied and returned.
- A letter of reference by the Parish priest of the place where the candidate is living, in case of a lay candidate.
- A recommendation letter by the superior, if the candidate is a lay person with contacts with any religious congregation, either of Pontifical or Diocesan right.
- All religious candidates are supposed to contact the Dean of Studies by their superior.
- All other special cases are considered and evaluated by a specific commission instituted by the Salesian community.
- Entrance exam will be held after the verification of credentials and the reception of application, in which the candidate has to pass (50%) for admission.
- Unless there are very serious reasons approved by the Dean of Studies or the Academic Board, we do not accept new students if they arrive two weeks after the academic year begins.
- A passport-size photo.
The conditions given are needed in order to guarantee as far as possible that the intellectual level and the knowledge of English permit the student to follow the courses with profit.